My First Food Truck
Week 3 June 26-30, 2023
Full Day (9am – 4pm)
Monday June 26-30, 2023
Students Entering Grades 3-5
Participants select a food theme, choose an ideal location and target customer, identify target customers, design appealing menus, and form a comprehensive business plan covering strategy, marketing, operations and finance, including capital-raising needs. Activities include drafting mission statements, setting prices, estimating expenses and learning key financial metrics. This program offers a tasty way to develop business savvy! Note: no food is handled in this program.
Note: Extension activities, which participants can do in class or at home, include building a website and designing their own business cards.
This program helps participants:
- Develop transferable entrepreneurial traits (like perseverance and motivation)
- Learn to take calculated risks
- Gain business savvy
- Enhance leadership skills
- Develop self-confidence.
The essence of collaborative play is to encourage students to participate and share in a collective effort to reach a common goal. This program features a healthy dose of small-group collaboration, with students brainstorming and working collectively in small teams towards the program deliverable. Our pragmatic version of collaborative play promotes listening skills, conflict-resolution techniques and peer-based learning, all highly valuable skills.
Students are encouraged to think about how they can make their community a better place. In this program, they focus on business ideas that can help support the local community and include in their financial projections a partial donation of profits to a local cause they would like to support.
This program encourages students to utilize their creative talents and think outside the box to come up with original business ideas. Students are also encouraged to think creatively and independently, avoid group-think and take calculated risks in a safe environment.
- A close counselor-to-camper ratio within a small group structure
- Experienced and caring staff who love what they do
- A diverse and age-appropriate program with specialist driven and counselor driven activities
- A safe and close-knit community where children discover new interests and create lifelong friendships
- Developmentally appropriate instruction and game play