Minecraft: Next Steps (Grades 2-3)
August 8 - 12, 2022
Full Day (9am – 4pm)
Exploration Camps are designed to give our campers a chance to lean in and start to deep dive into topics, while still maintaining a camp like feel. Campers will spend time in our computer lab, equipped with state of the art air filtration systems, but also have time outside- either in problem solving circles, or in “camp breaks” where they will have camp adventures- swim, play games, and picnic lunch. Come experience the best that camp can offer!
Explore, create or survive! Mine deep into the Minecraft world and create the future! In this creative camp, challenge the odds, craft your own kinds of weapons and build dream worlds using code. Do this while also learning fundamental programming concepts, level design, and problem-solving skills. You will make use of ready-made coding blocks to create mini versions of Minecraft games.
Camp Outcomes: During the camp, each camper will create their own projects utilizing ready made coding blocks. By the end of the week each camper will be able to show off all of their code in one world! Each student will have knowledge of programming concepts, Minecraft modding, and complete many mini projects!
- A close counselor-to-camper ratio within a small group structure
- Experienced and caring staff who love what they do
- A diverse and age-appropriate program with specialist driven and counselor driven activities
- A safe and close-knit community where children discover new interests and create lifelong friendships
- Developmentally appropriate instruction and game play
This camp must comply with regulations of the MDPH & be licensed by the LBOH
WHAT TO BRING
- Water bottle