Week 9, August 7-10, 2023
Morning (9am -1pm)
Monday August 7-11, 2023
Students Entering Grades 6-8
For the sports lover, future team General Manager (GM), sports team owner or ESPN analyst, this unique program helps students view the world of sports from a business perspective. Participants actively discuss and analyze different sports topics, including player contracts, mock drafts, college sports, endorsements, the Nike vs. Under Armour competition, the Super Bowl, e-sports and more!
This program helps participants:
- View the world of sports from a business perspective
- Become better team players
- Enhance problem-solving skills
- Gain business savvy
- Develop self-confidence
The essence of collaborative play is to encourage students to participate and share in a collective effort to reach a common goal. This program features a healthy dose of small-group collaboration, with students working collectively in small groups to build professional sports teams from scratch and debating various sports topics. Our pragmatic version of collaborative play promotes listening skills, conflict-resolution techniques and peer-based learning, all highly valuable skills.
Students are encouraged to think about their local sports community, how it may have been affected by recent events (e.g., the pandemic’s impact on youth sports, college sports and professional sports) and what changes and solutions they would recommend.
This program encourages students to view the world of sports from a different angle and realize that sports are both competitive entertainment and commercial enterprises. Students are also encouraged to think creatively and independently, avoid group-think and take calculated risks in a safe environment.
- A close counselor-to-camper ratio within a small group structure
- Experienced and caring staff who love what they do
- A diverse and age-appropriate program with specialist driven and counselor driven activities
- A safe and close-knit community where children discover new interests and create lifelong friendships
- Developmentally appropriate instruction and game play