GAME DESIGN WITH PYTHON VISUAL CODING
Multiple Weeks Available
Full Day (9am – 4pm)
For campers entering grades 4 and 5.
Exploration Camps are designed to give our campers a chance to lean in and start to deep dive into topics, while still maintaining a camp like feel. Campers will spend time in our computer lab, equipped with state of the art air filtration systems, but also have time outside- either in problem solving circles, or in “camp breaks” where they will have camp adventures- swim, play games, and picnic lunch. Come experience the best that camp can offer!
Do you love playing games? Do you want to learn how to code? Well, you are in the right place! In our Game-Based Python course, you’ll learn to code by playing a game and solving coding puzzles that get increasingly challenging. As you go, you’ll get to create your own game in Python using the skills and problem solving skills you have just gained!
Camp Outcomes: By the end of the camp, each camper will have an understanding of Python programming language in a visual format. They will have built their own games and they will have learned problem solving and basic coding concepts such as variables, conditionals, loops, function and so much more.
- A close counselor-to-camper ratio within a small group structure
- Experienced and caring staff who love what they do
- A diverse and age-appropriate program with specialist driven and counselor driven activities
- A safe and close-knit community where children discover new interests and create lifelong friendships
- Developmentally appropriate instruction and game play