Build, Modify, Code LEGO Motorized Cars and Stop Motion Animation: Part 2
Week 4 July 5 - 7, 2023 (No camp July 3 or 4)
Full Day (9am – 4pm)
Wednesday July 5 – Friday July 7, 2023
Students Entering Grades 4-6
Build, Modify, Code LEGO Motorized cars and Stop Motion Animation: Part 2
Join us as we race into the world of CARS and learn how to create, build, and modify motorized LEGO brick machines! Before each LEGO brick creation staff will discuss key engineering and physics concepts with the children and how they relate to our builds. Students will then build their LEGO brick cars using axles, gears, pulleys, battery packs and motors. In addition, children will code their LEGO builds using a drag-and-drop based interface using Bluetooth technology. In the afternoon, students will build their own mini movie set, learn the parts of a story and create an animated movie using LEGO mini figures and other objects. The students will also learn how to edit their movies, attach music, and add titles/credits using Professional Stop Animation software.
PLEASE NOTE: Any programs listed as Part One or Part Two that means they are interchangeable and the lessons, builds and curriculum will be different. You are NOT required to register for part one in order to participate and understand part two and vice versa.
Please note: This camp must enroll to minimum enrollment in order to run.
- A close counselor-to-camper ratio within a small group structure
- Experienced and caring staff who love what they do
- A diverse and age-appropriate program with specialist driven and counselor driven activities
- A safe and close-knit community where children discover new interests and create lifelong friendships
- Developmentally appropriate instruction and game play